With the summer months here, you may see an increase in traffic as people set their hearts out for road travel. If you’re one of the hundreds of thousands of people with a road trip planned or simply want a safe car to drive during the summer, regular maintenance is key to preventing breakdowns. Here are some preventative maintenance items to ensure your ride is summer-ready:
- Air Conditioning - How can anyone beat the summer heat without working car A/C?. A quick check of your A/C system will ensure you say cool throughout the next several months.
- Cooling System - Speaking of cool, your engine needs a cool-down too. Overheating is the number one cause of car breakdowns during the summer, and the summer heat doesn’t help. Make sure your cooling system components and coolant are in good shape to combat the heat.
- Windshield Wipers - While you may see less rain during the summer months, that doesn’t mean it should be ruled out completely. You should replace your wiper blades to ensure optimal visibility.
- Oil Change - Old or dirty engine oil can cause major engine problems down the line. If you’re going to be doing a lot of driving, we recommend an oil change to be safe.
- Battery - Your car battery’s worst enemy is probably the heat. To prevent acid leaks or battery drainage, be sure to come into our shop for a battery test.
- Brakes - Your braking system should be in tip-top shape to slow down and stop effectively. At Eagle Automotive, we can take care of replacing your brake parts.
- Tires - Your tires require attention too. They need to be at their recommended pressure and have proper tread wear. If your wheels fail the penny test, it is time to replace your tires.
If you need help getting your vehicle ready for the summer, we welcome you to Eagle Automotive. Please give us a call or visit one of our 5 convenient locations today.